Dr. Efreen Montaño is a medical specialist in Hematology in Mexico City.
Medicine (Autonomous University of Sinaloa 1994-1999)
Hematology Specialist graduate of the General Hospital of Mexico, course endorsed by the National Autonomous University of Mexico from 2002 to 2005.
Fellow (MSc) in Immunology bone marrow transplantation, University Hospital "Carl Gustav Carus" Dresden University of Technology, Germany 2006- 2009.
Medical stay in Hematology. Amplatz University Hospital, University of Minnesota, USA.
Associate Professor of Hematology, General Hospital of Mexico / UNAM
Author and co-author of multiple medical journals, chapters and books on Hematology.
Visiting Professor courses and national conferences organized by the Mexican Association for the Study of Hematology, Hospitals and Universities in public and private sector.
Associations and Academic Councils
- Mexican Association for the Study of Hematology
- Mexican Council of Hematology
- Mexican Association of Transfusion Medicine B.C.
Scientific Journals publications, book chapters, book editor and works in Congress
- Medical Journal 11 publications in Topics Hematology
- 26 chapters of books in the field of Hematology
- 2 books as author and co-author in the field of chemotherapy and Haemostasis
- More than 20 papers presented (poster, oral) in national and international conferences
Clinical Practice Guidelines in Mexico
- Author of two clinical practice guidelines of CENETEC: Acute leukemias and myelodysplastic syndrome
Continuing Medical Education
- Support for multiple courses, courses and conferences in Mexico and abroad in the field of Hematology.
- Principal investigator in clinical trials phase II and III
- Medical doctor assigned to the hematology department at the General Hospital of Mexico
- Research in Medical Sciences, National Center for Blood Transfusion