Dr. Sergei Paylian - Founder, President, Chief Science Officer – Bioquark Inc. (www.bioquark.com) -Over 30 years of extensive research and administrative experience in the biomedical sciences including: molecular biology, genetics, immunology, immunohistochemistry, virology, experimental gerontology, oncology, pharmacology, microbiology, physiology, electrophysiology, and stem cell biology; Developed breakthrough technology in human somatic cell reprogramming (U.S. Patents pending), as well as precursor microincubator technology (Use of Xenopus laevis oocytes as microincubators – U.S. Patent #7,135,336); Held various academic research institute positions including: Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois; College of Medicine, Bio-Sciences Department and Department of Pharmacology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.; Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison.; University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago - MS, Ph.D (Hon) in Biophysics, Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, Kiev, Ukraine; MS in Physics, Biology and Chemistry, Department of Physical Science, Tbilisi State University, Republica of Georgia.
- Co-Electroporation with Xenopus Laevis Oocytes Reprograms Normal and Cancerous Human Cells to Resemble Reprogramming Normal and Cancerous Human Cells to Resemble induced Human Pluripotent Stem Cells - BAOJ Cancer Res Ther – 2015, 1: 21: 008
- The alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit exists in two isoforms that contribute to functional ligand-gated ion channels – Mol Pharmacol. 2004 Sep;66(3):420-9
Smokeless tobacco-exposed oral keratinocytes increase macromolecular efflux from the in situ oral mucosa – Am J Physiol. 1998 Jan;274(1 Pt 2):R104-11
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme and neutral endopeptidase modulate smokeless tobacco-induced increase in macromolecular efflux from the oral mucosa in vivo – J Lab Clin Med. 1997 Oct;130(4):395-400
- Purified ACE attenuates smokeless tobacco-induced increase in macromolecular efflux from the oral mucosa – J Appl Physiol (1985). 1997 Jul;83(1):74-81
- Aqueous smokeless tobacco extract impairs endothelium-dependent vasodilation in the oral mucosa – J Appl Physiol (1985). 1996 Jul;81(1):225-31
- NMR structure of a receptor-bound G-protein peptide – Nature. 1993 May 20;363(6426):276-81